Articles

Permaculture

Permaculture

Soil contains a great diversity of macro-organisms (worms, ants, etc) and micro-organisms (bacteria, fungi, algae and yeasts). The soil provides anchorage and support for plants which take nutrients and water from it.

Vision Deterioration

Vision Deterioration

I am in my mid forties and am becoming concerned about my aging eye sight. I know that generally you can expect your eye sight to deteriorate with age, but would very much like for this not to happen, as I really do not want to have to wear glasses.

Akeake (Dodonaea viscosa)

Akeake (Dodonaea viscosa)

Akeake, is a hardy coastal shrub, or small tree that is a relative to the Titoki tree. It contains cyanolipids, which releases hydrogen cyanide, not only in the leaves but also in the flowers and fruits.

Kinesiology - the World of Muscle Testing

Kinesiology - the World of Muscle Testing

Many years ago, people thought the world was flat because that was what they saw around them. In the same way, when people witness muscle testing for the first time and they are uncertain how it works, they might judge it as ‘weird’.

Marjoram

Marjoram

The herb Marjoram is a regular pantry item in most households.

Dental Amalgam Sham

Dental Amalgam Sham

Dr. Cutress, Director of Dental Research for the Wellington School of Medicine was asked in 1995 by Hon Jenny Shipley, the then Minister of Health, to investigate recent research on amalgam used in dental fillings, and to invite me, Dr Godfrey, to contribute to the investigation.

Ginkgo Biloba

Ginkgo Biloba

The wonders of Ginkgo biloba protect against ageing, improve your brain function and ace your exam stress.

Seed Saving

Seed Saving

In a natural ecosystem, thousands of plant seeds are naturally shed from local plants, then are either blown in on the winds or deposited by birds and animals.

5 Signs of Health & Longevity

5 Signs of Health & Longevity

We have all heard about the warning signs of serious illnesses or how high your risk factor is for developing chronic disease.