Articles

High Blood Pressure – Part One

High Blood Pressure – Part One

We all know somebody with high blood pressure (BP), but do they know? According to statistics, one in five people have high BP. In America only 60% are aware of their high blood pressure and only 27 per cent actually have it under control.

Frozen Shoulder

Frozen Shoulder

After months of debilitating pain, my naturopath explained that my frozen shoulder involved inflammation of the shoulder capsule, which results in a very stiff shoulder with a very limited range of motion and a dull aching type of pain.

High Blood Pressure - Part 2

High Blood Pressure - Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of this series on high blood pressure. In this article we will be looking at some of the best natural medicines to treating BP issues. At first we looked a little more closely at the emotional connection with BP.

Selenium Deficiency - an unbalanced health impediment

Selenium Deficiency - an unbalanced health impediment

Selenium is an element present in soils in varying amounts throughout the world, but volcanic soils such as those in New Zealand are particularly low in this important trace element.

Heartburn - Reflux?

Heartburn - Reflux?

Do you suffer from heartburn, reflux, burping or have been diagnosed with peptic ulcers? Perhaps you rely on a medicine to help settle your tummy.

Constipation and Dietary Links

Constipation and Dietary Links

For many years, fat was the public enemy number one, but the Atkins and South Beach diets are blaming obesity on eating too many carbs.

Constipation - The question is, do you go every day?

Constipation - The question is, do you go every day?

As a general rule you should have at least one, preferably two bowel motions daily and not too far away from your meals either.

A Dying Breed - On Infertility

A Dying Breed - On Infertility

Talking to my mother, who is well into her 90’s, I was surprised to learn that none of her sisters, none of her brothers wives, none of her large extended family and none of her friends or any body she knew in her church ever had trouble getting pregnant.

Toxins – A Toxic Journey, By Alan Willoughby

Toxins – A Toxic Journey, By Alan Willoughby

I spent the summer of 2004-5 in the northern third of the South island, New Zealand on holiday with my wife. We returned a week early than expected because I became ill, possibly affected by toxins while staying in a camping ground adjacent to what is described by the local council as ‘the most contaminated site in the country’.