Articles

Iron Deficiency

Iron Deficiency

Iron deficiency is the most prevalent single deficiency issue, worldwide. Mostly common in menstrual women and young children, iron deficiency robs people of important energy, vitality and diminishes the capability of individuals who are affected to perform physical efforts, thus causing economic consequences.

Food Indulgence

Food Indulgence

Regardless of good intentions, it often happens every Christmas or at birthday celebration time. We swear that we won’t overindulge in all these tempting goodies, yet somehow most of us still succumb.

Dangers of Depression Drugs

Dangers of Depression Drugs

“Each time I tried so hard to beat this addiction only to be told by the medical profession that I should keep taking them and would need it for the rest of my life”. Fiona’s Personal Story –

Lymphatic System – Decongestive therapy

Lymphatic System – Decongestive therapy

The lymphatic system is the most underrated part of our circulatory system. Our bodies contain about 50 per cent more lymphatic fluid than blood, yet sadly many healthcare practitioners rarely consider the critical role lymph plays in preventing disease and keeping us healthy.

Homebirth Revisited

Homebirth Revisited

This is a personal story about a women’s homebirth experience. Starting from her decision to homebirth and her support team.

High Blood Pressure – Part One

High Blood Pressure – Part One

We all know somebody with high blood pressure (BP), but do they know? According to statistics, one in five people have high BP. In America only 60% are aware of their high blood pressure and only 27 per cent actually have it under control.

Frozen Shoulder

Frozen Shoulder

After months of debilitating pain, my naturopath explained that my frozen shoulder involved inflammation of the shoulder capsule, which results in a very stiff shoulder with a very limited range of motion and a dull aching type of pain.

Maca Root - The Peruvian energy food

Maca Root - The Peruvian energy food

The humble maca root has grown wild in the Peruvian Andes for many centuries, a place that is noticeable for the diverse plant life that grows in the nutrient rich soil.

Early Menopause

Early Menopause

Menopause is a natural event in a women’s life, occurring usually around the age of 50 years old. It occurs when a woman comes to the end of her egg supply and her monthly periods have stopped.