Articles

Irritable Bowel Solutions - Helpful Herbs

Irritable Bowel Solutions - Helpful Herbs

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (commonly called IBS) is a condition that affects the entire gastrointestinal tract. It alters intestinal modality resulting in phases of diarrhoea alternating with constipation and sometimes accompanied by pain. Women are affected three times more often than men, starting from the teenage years onwards.

Improving Eye, Brain and Body Naturally

Improving Eye, Brain and Body Naturally

Under the Alexander technique, one learns that within the visual system resides an entire map of the human body in all its parts, and that the eyes themselves link to corresponding structures in the brain. Thus the visual system contains links to our immune nervous system - the reptilian brain, our emotions -the limbic system and our ability to think and reason, also known as the neocortex.

Blood Type Diet -  Part three: The Blood Type B

Blood Type Diet - Part three: The Blood Type B

The mechanics of blood type’s influence have to do with the way the genes influence one another. This mechanism explains why your blood type can have an impact on such a diverse number of bodily systems and from digestive enzymes to neuro-chemicals.

Why Detox for Weight loss?

Why Detox for Weight loss?

This is part of a trio of articles on detox. The article outlines the main reasons why toxins can make you fat and why herbal detoxification can trigger weight loss.

Vitamin B - Group and Deficiencies

Vitamin B - Group and Deficiencies

There are different types of B vitamins, which are generally found together as they work in conjunction with one another. B vitamins are water soluble with limited storage capacity, which means that you need most of them on a daily basis.

Understanding the Alkaline/Acid Balance

Understanding the Alkaline/Acid Balance

Paraben Paranioa - The Endocrine Disrupter

Paraben Paranioa - The Endocrine Disrupter

One of the most contentious and widely used synthetic preservatives is para-hydroxybenzoic acid alkyl ester, commonly known as paraben.

Looking at Osteoporosis

Looking at Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis is an intriguing and largely misunderstood health condition. Intriguing because it turns out that it is not exclusively the domain of older women, it can strike woman as young as those in their mid 30’s. Osteoporosis is misunderstood because there are specific preventative measure that can be implemented to significantly minimise the damage this condition can inflict.

Hodgkins Lymphoma - Never give up hope, By Tracy Forrester

Hodgkins Lymphoma - Never give up hope, By Tracy Forrester

This is a personal story around a serious diagnosis, treatment, transplant and my following recovery story. My story begins in 2008. While working, I became dizzy and suddenly collapsed. I had suffered with fatigue earlier, but until now I had ignored it.