Articles

Frozen Shoulder

Frozen Shoulder

After months of debilitating pain, my naturopath explained that my frozen shoulder involved inflammation of the shoulder capsule, which results in a very stiff shoulder with a very limited range of motion and a dull aching type of pain.

Maca Root - The Peruvian energy food

Maca Root - The Peruvian energy food

The humble maca root has grown wild in the Peruvian Andes for many centuries, a place that is noticeable for the diverse plant life that grows in the nutrient rich soil.

Early Menopause

Early Menopause

Menopause is a natural event in a women’s life, occurring usually around the age of 50 years old. It occurs when a woman comes to the end of her egg supply and her monthly periods have stopped.

Toxic Thoughts

Toxic Thoughts

Whether you are aware of it or not, you are constantly talking to yourself in your head. Your thoughts race through your mind providing a commentary on anything and everything, including yourself.

Iodine - The Sea Mineral You Need

Iodine - The Sea Mineral You Need

Iodine is probably one of the most deficient mineral in common foods in the soil of some countries, in their soil. Certainly, a common deficiency in New Zealand, Afghanisatan, Australia, Ghana, Guatemala, Hungary, Mongolia and Papua New Guinea and mid Scotland, whilst a total of 54 countries are considered low on a global scale.

High Blood Pressure - Part 2

High Blood Pressure - Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of this series on high blood pressure. In this article we will be looking at some of the best natural medicines to treating BP issues. At first we looked a little more closely at the emotional connection with BP.

Blood Type Diet, Part One - the Blood Type O

Blood Type Diet, Part One - the Blood Type O

Have you ever wondered why some people are able to lose weight on a particular diet while others are not? Why some people are plagued by poor health while others seem to live healthy, vital lives even later in their life?

Uterine Fibroids - on the path to recovery

Uterine Fibroids - on the path to recovery

It all began with a rather healthier than usual period when I was 37 years of age. Two years later, my periods had got worse so I was so anaemic that I was gasping for breath by just walking up steps, let alone trying to run.

Selenium Deficiency - an unbalanced health impediment

Selenium Deficiency - an unbalanced health impediment

Selenium is an element present in soils in varying amounts throughout the world, but volcanic soils such as those in New Zealand are particularly low in this important trace element.